Sunday, April 21, 2013

in the details



Happy garden in the morning sun.


Thrilled with my jasmine;  they were little 12" twigs when I brought them home and they're doing their best to provide some privacy.


Thought I'd taken a photo from standing up to show how teensy these blooms are--they are the size of a pencil eraser.  Oh so pretty when you stick your face close to the ground.


After a week of miasma and brownish skies, it was glorious to see the clear blue again.  And as it is perfect hiking weather, went back to Wild Basin to get in a few miles of fresh air.


Yes, I went to find the crystal spiders again.  Still have no idea what the wire cage is for, but someone on staff has a sense of whimsy.



Scored a gorgeous Ann Taylor skirt at a Goodwill.



Details of the buttons, beading and embroidery.


 Delish local wildflower honey and a penny found.


The flowers have gone crazy here; miles of them everywhere.  Beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Your balconey garden is looking great.
    I like your skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; just waiting for the tomato to ripen.

      Need to find a coral cardigan now.

      Delete
  2. Jasmine, eh?
    I need to do that for the upstairs deck; it's up high, but needs a privacy wall something serious. I'm not sure I want the bees up there, though. Meanwhile the roses are Out Of Control here. Took a big pitcher of them to church, all blown and blowsy and smelling sweet. They're HUGE, but the earwigs mean I leave them outside.

    What a FABBITY idea of the buttons on the skirt!!!! I am going to get some embroidery floss... the beauty of a Goodwill skirt is that it doesn't matter if you ruin it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bamboo in pots might also be a good idea--and no bugs.

    Yes, we'll see if in the wearing, the clickety clicks of buttons (they're on the back of the skirt) on chairs will be irritating. This might be a skirt that gets worn to standing only functions.

    ReplyDelete