Wednesday, April 3, 2013

interminable


Prior to this enforced outing, I did not know that my roommate snored like a constipated walrus.  And talked in her sleep.  And gurgled and gargled.  So, I slept each morning from 8--when she left for the events until 9--when maid service began bashing about.

To say that I did not enjoy the week is to put it so very mildly.

However.  One of the nice bits was this Evensong at the local cathedral.  One hour of gorgeous pipe organ and some chanted Psalmody.




 The cool wall of water that was the gathering place for most of us prior to the hunt for food each day.


The view from my room.  Other than touring NASA & seeing the Air/Space Museum, I have no need to ever return to this charmless city.


The Houston Convention Center reminded me of a cruise ship.  If only.


And some random chard growing in a flower patch in front of a corporation.

4 comments: