Saturday, April 13, 2013

restoration

When the going gets tough, the tough turn on their oven and bake.


Please don't worry, there was no re-enactment of Hansel & Gretel in my kitchen because a)  I didn't want the stench of bratty kids baking and b) I don't have an industrial size oven.


Not so pretty (and yes, I'll admit in public that I used a store-bought lemon cake mix), but divine!  I had some lemon curd that was aging and needed to be used, so a spoonful was tucked into the middle of each cupcake.


Darkest chocolate melted into cream cheese as the topping.  Voila!  Spirits lifted.  Off in a few moments to sub for that fun ESL class that I had a couple of weeks ago.  

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! When do I get some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got to eat some..wait until your nephew visits one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought of him as I stood close to the counter to frost the cupcakes.

      Delete
  3. Mmm. Cake mix. Even the boxes stuff livens up with freshly grated peel and lemon curd. I am dying to make lemon curd, but trying to figure out if there's a way to make it decently vegan... I love the challenge, but if it's too hard, I'm just going to do it the regular way. But! Until then, the smell of lemons cooking down is divine.

    ReplyDelete