Wednesday, August 16, 2017

arts & such


Not gonna lie~it's a tough week.  All this applying and waiting and wafting and unsureness.  So, today I took myself on a field trip that's been on my list since I moved last summer. 




It's an incredible venue for all kinds of visual artists to have work space and sales galleries. They also offer all manner of art classes, field trip projects, and community events.  All the outside studios are right along the Potomac~imagine the light is wonderful for all kinds of art projects. 


Super hot and sticky~relearning my Southern walking style.



This town is so charming~I didn't get much time to explore when I was here with the Austin 7th graders a year ago.   So, I very much enjoyed just wandering around at my leisure.


Found a lovely Vietnamese cafe and stopped to have a sandwich so good (lemongrass "chicken") that I will be back to try other vege options on their menu.



City Hall.


Yes, that's a street. 



For my Hobbit friends.


If you squint through the haze, you can see the Capitol. 


The Wilson Memorial Bridge~heading into Maryland.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, cobbled streets. In some parts of Glesgae, cobbles in streets means you might lose a small child, or a heel in between them because some of them are plain old BRICKS and haven't been sanded or mortared in between since WWII. I like the wee rocks, and the squares of slate are nice, but beware, with that grass growing between them, on a rainy day, they're a mite slippery, I've found...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if all goes as I'd like, I realize that flats/wedges are the only acceptable footwear here. Also thinking they'll be lethal on snowy days.

      Delete