Monday, August 28, 2017

each no is closer to yes, right?


Plant that just burst into blossoms this morning~nice way to kick off another day of the job seeking.  As a woman, it's always tricky to navigate dress codes~for instance, what would you wear for 'business casual'?  Hard to decipher~especially considering regional and corporate differences.

So, I understand the dilemma, but in the waiting room for today's interview we were treated to one woman wearing a mint-green suit (circa 1983.  And while I know we ALL have cellulite, it's probably a good idea to cover it during an office interview~if we can see your upper thighs?) and another in leggings, off-the-shoulder top and spike heels (she would have been perfect for a bartending gig).

Roses on this evening's walk
Needless to say, it was a job I turned down on the spot.  Tomorrow brings two ESL possibilities.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lin's St. Paulia (I don't subscribe to the popular name of "African" violet, as Africa is a CONTINENT, and that's as dumb as saying North American poppy... it tells you nothing about where its from and this violet is native to Tanzania. St. Paulia is its scientific name. And yes, I am a full-time pedant.) is gorgeous; two of mine have come into bloom since being moved to a window box garden. I'm pretty chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see cheery little blossoms. Looking forward to having my own window sill.

      Delete
  2. I doubt applicants for ESL positions will come dressed as bartenders!

    ReplyDelete