Thursday, August 10, 2017

sing a song of summer


I know they're icky looking bugs, but I love hearing cicadas sing.  While I did enjoy my evening ramble, was bummed to not see any fireflies out/about.



Just a pretty August twilight by a lake.


After I clicked this shot, the rabbit on the left sat up to stare at me. 



And then hopped away.



Some serious onion rings were had at the birthday lunch.


Just as we were leaving, a server offered us some free samples of custard~one never turns down something with sprinkles on it! 



A good rule of thumb for hostess gifts (I'm discovering) is make sure that it's something you like.  I was so happy to stuff a warm loaf of SF Boudin sourdough in my carry on...only to discover that my VA family isn't a fan.  So I am enjoying much toast and dipping/swirling into olive oil.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Boudin is indeed an acquired taste. I used to adore it, but finding out that they use vinegar in it to "improve" upon the sourdough taste vexed me enough that I haven't had any in years. Your toasty tomato sammiches there look LOVELY, though; I'd only add cukes, which, for some reason this week, are EVERYTHING to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sourdough is the only bread I like, so I'll eat it in any form. And it was delicious!!

      Delete