Sunday, August 20, 2017

why we don't watch the sausage being made


Watching a storm roll in.






So.  My mover showed up today.  Even after coming to look at my stuff last week and my website posting that I had a one-bedroom apartment to move.    Needless to say, only half of my stuff is in storage.  But, at least the sun was shining and I got all the big stuff moved out.  What's left, fits in a closet and I can get it at my convenience.


For the same reason,  it's best to not watch airline luggage handlers do their job, I wouldn't recommend driving behind your stuff and watching everything bounce and the tarp billow.


But it all did arrive and is dryly stored away.


And managed to squeeze in a lake walk with the 'phew and saw another rainbow!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of being in Glasgow and having had a mover have the nerve to criticize a.) how I'd packed b.) what I had packed and c.) where I was going. He was convinced that the boxes were too heavy and would not possibly fit into the space. I told him that if it was too much for him, he could run along and I'd hire someone else. I wish I had had the nerve to deliver that edict at the volume which he criticized me. Indeed, if one did not feel the need to supervise the shifting of their earthly possessions, it is indeed best to be far, far away from the whole thing... at least all's well that ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were polite & took good care of my stuff~unlike the guys who I fired mid-move in Austin. And, it was a dry day for a move. Just stressed about javing two moves in two cities to plan when I do land a job.

      Aj well, another day's task.

      Delete