Wednesday, August 9, 2017

airport karaoke, because why not make air travel more annoying?


Feeling proud/relieved that I woke when my alarm went off at 4:02 (yes, that minute or two adjustment is a thing I do.  I know it doesn't really make a difference, but somehow getting up at 4:02 is less painful than 4:00).  The pre-booked taxi showed up (yay!) and took a back road when the freeway came to a screeching halt.


The upside to early morning flights is that the flight itself is suuuuper quiet.  Napped until we hit Dallas. I've never been at the Dallas/Love airfield~it's quite small.  Someone genius decided that the food court would be vastly improved by adding some kind of karaoke stage.  (Austin has live music at the airport, but they are real musicians with real bands.  Who sing in tune and everything.)


This was a middle school student slaughtering everything~rap, country, ballads, Billy Joel, and the Beatles were all attempted by him and his soundtrack.


After a pleasant three hours, I boarded my flight and enjoyed a gorgeous landing over the Potomac.


Got to enjoy shoving my large suitcase into a Metro car at rush hour~pretty sure I maimed a few people who simply wouldn't move.  But now am tucked into a cosy guest room~fed and hydrated and ready to celebrate a certain 5 year old's birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Airports and karaoke are just not something I would have ever considered a good idea. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the tepid applause by two people, am pretty sure the rest of the world shares your wisdom. The woman making my burrito just kept stopping & shaking her head. Can you imagine having to hear the same four songs all day?

    ReplyDelete