Sunday, August 13, 2017

feeling blessed, no hashtag


Continuing my summer wanderings by getting dropped at the Metro yesterday to be picked up by my friend who had my car for the summer.  As we're driving back to Tappytown, I hear a weird rattling noise.  (While this has been a stellar car, I've had a lot of issues with the front left wheel area.)  My friend said that she hadn't really noticed.  The sound was strong enough that it was freaking me out (what IS IT with moving and car troubles???)

We made safely back.  Spent a lovely evening with my former neighbors~grilling and indulging in ice cream. Was bummed that it was cloudy/raining so I didn't see any of the Perseids.


Was supposed to load a moving truck at 10, but the guy was running late.  He finally showed up in a mini-van~which gave me heart palpitations.  Seems he was only coming by to see my stuff and to give me an estimate.  


The move has been postponed~hopefully tomorrow.  Which is good as it's rainy and drippy~really don't want to put my stuff in storage while damp.  But.  The real blessing is that I was able to get my car to the shop to discover that my 3-quarts of oil holding car was down by OVER 2.5 quarts and the bolt was shot that holds the oil pan in.  Everything is fixed and running well and I am limp with relief.


And now I'm tucked safely in my place for the evening~bonus points if you can tell me in whose (TV) style I am eating salad!!!


Random lollipop at a counter today made me super happy.  And treats for the rest of the evening.  And, as Anne-with-an-e says "tomorrow is another day."

4 comments:

  1. Truly, that's the only down side of having a friend borrow a major acquisition - if you've known a car from new, it's easy to recall what it's supposed to sound like - much harder for them. Glad all's well that ends, and here's hoping things continue to move the proper direction in a straightforward way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was significant enough of a noise that any driver would have noticed. But, you're right, it ended well.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Tanita - so glad the problem was fixable. What is your destination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea~it's just going in storage while I figure out what's next.

      Delete