Wednesday, December 6, 2017

and today's wows were


Worked with a teacher who would go around his room and kick off Mondays with the kids listing their wows/pows of the weekend. So. Today's wow was this fun snowflake pasta from Trader's.


Two of my ESL students are moving onto new books tomorrow!


No music lessons tonight, so was able to have a nice winter's walk. I am seeing so many cardinals, but not able to get my camera out fast enough to catch a shot of one. They are beautiful against the dead and brown brush.


And? Today's New Yorker cartoon was by my former student.

6 comments:

  1. Satirist Nguyen is doing REALLY well. Snark and humor and irony.
    Oh, that pasta is purty! I wouldn't feel right eating it; I left alphabet pasta in my cabinet for two years before I could bring myself to use it. (YES, I am that weird.) I am trying to find all sorts of shapes and force myself to use them; it's a leftover from childhood that I'm reluctant, though, we had to EARN those goodies. As if they tasted any different... *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really need to find the cartoon he did of me when I was teaching "The Scarlet Letter".

      No, I get it. Saving the treats for a special event. I've decided that that is nonsense and I'm going to use special things whenever I want. At least the pasta level of specialness. :)

      Delete
  2. Good wows for today. Love the Cardinal shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rewards of a teacher when a former student succeeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love watching my students' successes.

      Delete