Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Baruch atah


Just seems like a day for a Hanukkah blessing and a portrait of strong, smart women. (And no, I haven't had days sans joy, just living in a space with extreeeeeemly slow internet and my blogs often get dropped before I get them published. Highly irritating. But, I digress....) 


Discovered a new artist~his stars and moon series are enchanting.

Yes, it's sideways~tilt your device and it will be normal.


Finding myself dropping articles, inverting subject/verb order, and throwing adjectives around like confetti~but am still thoroughly enjoying my time with the ESL ladies. Despite our limited verbiage, we are having meandering, funny, poignant, and illuminating conversations. 

2 comments:

  1. Barukh ata from what I read seems to mean "blessed are" - like the Wiccan blessed be, but also the beginning of the beatitudes - but what I like best about all the Jewish prayers is that it speaks to God as a plural. Yep, today's random thought.

    Ooh, I like Rufino Tamayo, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like "blessed"~it's all occasion.

      Isn't his work interesting?

      Delete