Saturday, December 30, 2017

on the sixth day o' Christmas


We got snow!


What we lack in garbage dumpsters in my community, we make up for in snow removal. Some eager soul was out plowing our ONE INCH of snow. Then, the sanding and salting and leaf-blowers removing the sidewalk snow commenced. I couldn't fall if I wanted to. 



Happy red boots out on a walk.






The portion of the WO & D trail by my home is under some very large wires~don't know what they are for, but they're always humming. Most likely destroying my brain cells, but the miles of looping wire add such architectual interest to the skyline that I'll take it. 


Anyway, these bolts at the base of the towers looked interesting with shadows and snow.


Ran upon an excellent quote (is there any other kind) from Annie Dillard this morning:  "Time is the continuous loop...or time is an ascending spiral if you will, like a child's toy Slinky. Of course we have no idea which arc on the loop is our time, let alone where the loop itself i, so to speak, or down whose lofty flight of stairs the Slinky so uncannily walks....catch it if you can."

2 comments:

  1. Oh,yay! Enjoy your plowed dusting. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I know the parking lot will be cleared should we get real snow!

      Delete