Tuesday, December 26, 2017

on the second day of Christmas



Elegant table for all our Feasting.

 

Admiring her Snow Queen dancer.

 
The calm before the carnage. 


The proper size for a Christmas truffle! 


One of my stocking stuffers.


The glee of the Littles.


Monkey Buns for brekkers put us all in a happy caramel glazed stupor.


Darling little slippers for cold winter days. 


I am obsessed with this lipstick~it changes colours according to your body chemistry, so it's the perfect shade for your skin. The fact that it's filled with a rose and glitter just adds.


The happy of flipping lefse.


Yum.


One of my presents.


You know you're approaching adulthood when you're super excited to get new sheets and a new kettle (I have my grandmother's kettles and they are leaking out the bottom they've been so well-used over the decades.) 

It was a lovely holiday on every level~twinkles of lights, so much good food, laughter, reading many stories, playing games, and simply sharing family time.

And now, it's time for a long winter's nap!

6 comments:

  1. If we count household things purchased in December as "gifts," then we got a new microwave and a toaster oven for Christmas, because after Thanksgiving Dinner, when heating food was so slow and the toaster oven broke for the last time, unfixably, we were like, "You know what? This is getting old!!!" and gave up. It feels luxurious to have a toaster oven that's big enough to toast six pieces of bread in, and small pans to bake cookies. It reminds me of my sister's Easy Bake Oven, and I am not kidding that it makes me happy to use it. We can also probably defrost an entire turkey in the microwave, if we a.) were suddenly omnivores, and b.) thought cooking in the microwave was the height of culinary success.

    I would like new towels now; realized I haven't bought towels because - like underwear from Grandma - those were another household staple usually gifted to me - but they're really old and manky now, and it's past time to put on Big Girl pants about them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were talking about that exact thing~for us, it's socks. Easy to buy, fairly inexpensive and yet, we walk around with holes in them. My current towel is one that was purchased when I went to Laurelwood...so, 1984.

      I LOVE my toaster oven~it was a Christmas gift many years ago and I use it daily.

      Here's to the practical gifts!

      Delete
  2. Yes, practical is, well, "practical"! My overly-used towels are unraveling - and I need scissors to keep their edges somewhat tidy. Number One for me: Being with children, for whom snow and Christmas trees and presents are magical. Even our three collegiate grandsons appreciate being included. Linda's decorations show her artistic side always. Glad you could be with family. A "long nap" sounds good, but I have life-long insomnia. Last night I slept a couple of hours and was up at 1:00 am. My "senior moments" are exponential when I get fewer than 4-5 hrs. Enjoy, Laurie. Soon it will be back to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I always love Christmas, it is best witj children! Am lucky to be back here & to share the magic.

      Good sleep is a precious thing.

      Delete
  3. Always good to have family over for Christmas! The kids love having "visitors"!
    Slumber peacefully in your new sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to be able to just drive over for a visit!!

      Tonight is my first night on my clean sheets.

      Delete