Monday, December 11, 2017

lights in the dark



Someone I loved once gave me
a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too,
was a gift.      


~ Mary Oliver


A long and lovely day of teaching is done. So enjoying all the conversations that I'm having with my Saudi students~interesting to hear their stories and their world views.  Met all my Monday music students for my six-week sub assignment. Also some delightful students~and a couple that I will be thrilled to hand back to their teacher in January.

6 comments:

  1. I had to look up this poem to make sure that this was all there is - the uses of sorrow is such an evocative phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And next week, I work four double shifts! After being out of work for so long, I am glad for the work.

      Delete
  3. I'll need to buy a book of Mary Oliver's poems. Glad you have work.

    ReplyDelete