Thursday, July 18, 2013

it's raining, it's POURING


There was a little gap between storms, so I raced out the door to get a hike in; this rushing stream was simply dry gravel on Sunday.


 Seriously~this was dry ground a couple of days ago.



Also got a short swim in (no, not in the stream) and lounged about, admiring the clouds.


And bam!  My phone started shrieking (this new one has a build-in weather alarm which I cannot seem to turn off) about flash flooding.




There is only a 10 minute time lapse in the three photos-stunning to see water pouring through the wheel wells.


If I had rain boots, I would go stand in the water to show that it is now knee high.  Think it's safe to say that our drought is over.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Glad you're safe, and I agree with your conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roads are fairly well marked around here with flash flood signs.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, waders. Those would be so cool. I could see jumping in flash floods... (I'm sure you're not supposed to do that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure one could--judiciously. Probably not a lot of danger of being swept out to sea in my parking lot. Currently, I'm more scared of what kind of creature would be hiding in waders, just waiting to bit or sting~than of the water.

      Delete