Saturday, July 13, 2013

read-y


I cannot remember life prior to reading; feel fortunate to have been born into a family of readers.  Something about this summer is triggering all kinds of childhood memories and many of them revolve around books--trips to the library, story time every single night, hours of discussing authors and plot lines.  Think I've mentioned how I enjoy traveling with my entire clan as everyone unpacks their suitcases.  Of books.   I love how my cousin and I can be having an intense conversation which is suspended in silence as we walk past gigantic bookstore windows.

It is bizarre to me to enter someone's home which is bereft of books.  What do they DO with their brains and free time?


It's been a marvelous summer of reading; what a luxury to own a library card and have access to almost any book in print.  Have been trying to keep track of the books I read this year~an attempt to remember author/titles for recommendations.  Am able to recount entire plot lines and describe the cover art, but don't always remember the title/author.  


Nothing better!  May you have many excellent pages of reading this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Dad and I have our noses in our Kindle's every chance we get. We still love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! Love that last cartoon... SSR was my FAVORITE time of day, and when I was teaching, it was even my favorite.

    ReplyDelete