Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We All Scream


Only took a year, but I made it to Brenham, Texas~home of the Blue Bell Creamery.  V. fun tour and of course, delicious ice cream.  For inquiring souls, I got July's celebratory national ice cream month's flavor of Brownie Rockslide.  No photos were allowed inside the building~not sure why, it's not as though I'm going to go home and rebuild the top-secret machinery I saw on the tour.


Then we poked around the~shall I say, charming/quaint~downtown area, complete with town square gazebo and antique stores.  We had the streets to ourselves as it is mid-week and was about 139 degrees today.

It was a fabulous field trip for my accompanist and myself.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Lowell says I need to move to Austin since I seem to need more sunshine than we get here. Alas, our family is not packing to move to Texas, so I'll enjoy the good stuff here - it's a package deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gotten a gallon of ice cream to go if it was that hot and you were walking around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all the asphalt and about two shade trees that made it seem so hot. And the stores were enormous spaces, so the a/c didn't really make a dent.

      But it was still fun.

      Delete
  3. A pretty little town.
    Possibly you need to reschedule an autumnal visit - just because it's so much better to see pretty little towns with the two trees losing leaves, and a bit of woodsmoke in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is another teensy town near this one that is all about the antique/vintage furniture, so I do predict another trek in the next few months. Fortunately, my friend has an SUV, so I could bring back a smallish bookcase.

      Delete