Thursday, August 1, 2013

the daze of August


 Free admission Thursday to the UT's Blanton Art Gallery was the perfect way to kick off this month.  And better yet?  They're still running their children's summer camp, so I got to TOUCH the pennies this time!  Spent several happy minutes running pennies through my hand and discovered that this entire room is 2005 pennies, minted in Denver.  I'm now so very tempted to slip in a shiny penny from another year on my next visit.



A beautiful sheet of paper.  But the best part of this visit was catching up with an alum who just moved to town to establish her residency to go to grad school.  Any teacher's delight is seeing a former student flourishing.  I think the last time I saw her is when our choir returned from our Mozart tour.


 Very tempting fountain.



My two favorite buildings; had not seen them from this angle.

2 comments:

  1. The sheet of paper I struggle to see as you must - it looks like someone has already written on it!! I assume it must be handmade, and what we see are little ...fibers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was part of a triptych; the other two had weird paintings, but this was just plain. Gorgeous, very large piece of handmade paper.

      Delete