Sunday, August 18, 2013

lickety split


One of the catchiest tunes I now know is Deep in the Heart of Texas and while I do know most of the verses, the main bit I hum is "the stars at night, are big and bright (clap, clap, clap), deep in the heart of Texas".  Have mentioned before how much I love finding stars all over town and this one is at a favorite cafe where I caught up with an alum for brunch.  After a jalapeno quesadilla, it was time to head to yet another ice cream venue.


This teensy store lived up to it's reputation.  Must go back to try more flavours.  Or, go when starving and have room for more than two scoops!  I had the Texas au Lait and Too Hot Chocolate this go round.


Even the cows like it.

6 comments:

  1. Hah. That song still reminds me of the first grade. I'm not sure why our teacher was so enamored with it, seeing as she'd lived in England, and we were in Cali...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but it's just SO fun to sing. Maybe it's all the clapping?

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should watch Big Bang Theory--Sheldon sings it often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am guessing that you weren't in the living room when I was singing along with him!

      Delete