Tuesday, August 20, 2013

double bubble


A seatmate, on this recent trip, supplied the entire row with gum so that our ears could pop during take-off and landing.  I wasn't the only one a bit surprised that this coiffed and groomed lady whipped out bubble gum.  She informed us proudly that she was a grandmother and always had bubble gum in her pockets and purse.

Enjoyed the flavour of nostalgia so much that when I was lurking around the gift shops during an interminable layover, I bought my own pack.

I'll leave you with the advice to go and get a little packet of pink joy and, one of my favorite vocal warm-ups:

super bubble gum (54321)
super duper bubble gum (5544321)
super duper, double bubble (55443322)
super duper, double bubble (55443322)
super duper, double bubble gum (554433221)

4 comments:

  1. I have, in the car, about four packs of gum, in the most ridiculous flavors - bubblegum and tropical twist and other things that are faintly disgusting and mostly amusing. They're strictly for ear-popping or shutting up annoying children in the backseat, but every once in awhile, I chew them myself.

    Okay, who am I kidding, I mostly chew them myself. But, the kid bit sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it handy to have little people in one's life?!

      Have you tried the apple pie flavor? That seems a bit overkill.

      Delete
  2. Yeah--some lovely "kid" spit it out in front of our driveway and now it's all over my car tires. Not so enchanted with it at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ick! Glad it didn't end up in the stroller or trike wheels.

      Delete