Tuesday, August 13, 2013

some say


to never miss a sunset.  I say to never miss a carousel ride.  The 'phew did not care for the horses.


But could handle sitting on a gilded bench and watching the lights and the other riders wave to him.


I do not know why I'm enchanted with them~there's no childhood memory of a carousel (in fact, there's a dismal and depressing high school episode involving one) and the music is usually tinny and out-of-tune, but I love them.  And usually crave cotton candy after disembarking.


I think mayhaps on his next visit, he might enjoy it a bit more.


Picking out big boy sippy cups and a pin cushion for Mama.


 Showing me how they do laundry on the eastern coast.


4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it's from watching Mary Poppins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH~now I have that hideous song stuck in my head.

      Delete
  2. I think carousels are very charming. The calliope music, the gaudy painting - it's all someone's idea of make-believe in three garish dimensions. And, it's never our imagination, but we can visit someone else's dream.

    Maybe this does have to do with the jolly, Technicolor world of childhood movies - these things said Fun with capital letters! And we wanted to believe...

    The wee man may never like them... but he'll get a kick out of the Teacups at Disneyland, and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he does grow into liking them~people think it's odd if an adult rides the carousel alone.

      Delete