Tuesday, November 22, 2016

time is but a stream


Dawning of year forty-seven~those numbers seem so odd in connection with myself.  Most days, I still feel 19.


Nice to see the Norwegian flag~there's a sister city somewhere across the Atlantic.

The Four Horsemen~with Disney overtones.

Since the temps plunged overnight and the wind was blasting the sand, decided to visit the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art instead of one final beach walk.  Fun place~very small.  It was a short visit as a church rents their auditorium on Sundays and a praise service was blastingly under way.



I keep thinking it would be a fun creative writing exercise to hand students each a photo and have them write the placard to accompany the art work.  



This was painted well before the election, but I like the sentiment.



An entire room as art~have not seen that before.  Wasn't sure if we were allowed to sit in the bean bags or not, but as I had a car ride ahead of me, didn't really need to rest.



This is actually a painting~but it looks so much like a photograph.  The artist did an entire series on astronauts.  I will spare you the precious verbiage. 




This was a cool diorama~complete with audio and some video.  Could see this being a fun project with students. 


And pics of a cement truck for all the 'phews in my life. 



Not my favourite Chihuly at all, but still fun to admire.




And why is a photo of my smushed car in the 'daily joys' blog?  Because the guy who hit me, left all his info and is taking care of the insurance as soon as offices open (I'm writing this Sunday afternoon.)  And.  It's only cosmetic damage, so I am still able to get to my Thanksgiving and city shenanigans.  

2 comments:

  1. That glass piece is a bit like intestines, yes, but pretty. Glad the guy who smushed you stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not my favorite Chihuly. And I've thanked him & told of his decency to everyone! He could have driven away & I would never have known who hit my car.

      Delete