Wednesday, November 8, 2017

amped up


I am sooooo not a commuter. I've been so spoiled for the past five years or so of having very short and painless commutes. This week has been standstill traffic going in both directions~heavy rains didn't help.


But, it was all made better when my first student served me some elegant coffe. 



And then, the second student served me English tea. I'm not used to so much caffeine nor sugar, so my English words per second was sky high by afternoon.


I enjoyed this delicious salad from Wegmans (or the Choo Choo Store as it's known in our family) and when I read the label, it says that it serves four. Harumph. Much like the fallacy of the Ben & Jerry pint also being for four people.


Still some pretty leaves after the rains.

2 comments:

  1. Actually had to STOP drinking tea when I lived in the UK; the tea trolley and the inevitable cakes that went along with it just had me twitchy. I decided on ONE cuppa, milk only if I had anything to eat with it, and then just milk in my morning tea, no sugar. Still a sucker for toast and tea, though; in Scotland it's thin very white bread and thick very white tea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really no way to decline without offending, so I just nibble at one cookie. And today, it was grapes instead.

      Delete