Saturday, November 4, 2017

full of grate


Got my tires rotated last week and thought everything was fine. Except, I don't really drive much on the weekends and when I hit the road to teach, my steering column was shaking violently. Due to my schedule and the repair shop's schedule, I wasn't able to get my car in until this morning. 


About an hour into my wait, they came out to tell me that I had a large bolt in my left front tire. So, now I have a thick new tire and a deep relief that my tire didn't blow while I was zipping around the Beltway. (I know every city thinks they have the worst traffic, but there's something special about DC. Between the hordes of tourists and the transient residents [and a specific nod to the crazys from Baltimore], getting around via car is rather exciting.)


Bribed myself with a new lipstick as I had to go and rummage around my storage unit for teaching materials. I am now on month five of living out of a suitcase and it's getting a little wearisome. 


But the trees are gorgeous, I'm putting a new battery in my car tomorrow, and my parents are in town for a few days.

AND! We all get an extra hour of slumber tonight~best night of the year.

2 comments:

  1. My sister just got as a gift a fourteen-piece lipstick thing... which she's promptly giving to me... which I'm promptly passing on. If it's not a matte stain that STAYS IN PLACE, why bother? I'll have to check out the Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! First lip product ever that stays on through all the coffee/tea/water consumption. And it's not skin-suckingly dry. Go to CVS!!

      Delete