Monday, November 27, 2017

out/about

Not really that agile
 As it was a gorgeous day and I am just done with the cardboard boxes for awhile, I walked (oh the bliss of living just a few steps away) to the Metro and headed to DC to see a couple new exhibits at the Hirshorn. 


Back to the weird room of paper~it was empty enough of people that I could catch snaps of the paper falling. 



Part of the Sculpture Garden that I hadn't wandered through before.


Seems odd to skate when it's 50+ degrees, but I guess if they can have an ice rink in Austen, they can have one here. I'll have to go back at night to see it with the twinkle lights.


They were just starting to decorate this while Mom & I went to the Botanical Gardens, so went back to see the final product. 





Even the ropes are made out of cedar boughs~smelled SO good in the center atria. 



My favorite kind of tree~the cacao. 



This ostrich is hilarious. 




A glorious day for urban hiking. 



Rainbows on the floor. 


Stars on the ceiling. 


I finally get a good shot of the moon.  



Happy Monday all y'all.

5 comments:

  1. You do find interesting places to roam. Glad you are settled. The orchids and others are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon is part of a display, yes? It looks suspiciously lacking in dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe going through town and seeing the decorations on Sunday might have been more palatable were we on foot! Lots of vine deer wrapped in spangled lights that the wind was threatening. I do love the evergreen ropes, and if I actually get any greenery in my house, that'll be the only thing - something that smells amazing! Whole Foods had weency trees yesterday which didn't tempt me at all.

      Delete
    2. Yes, the moon was part of a Native American display.

      Am going to get a small wreath to hang next to my fake tree, so I can have that amazing scent.

      Delete