Sunday, November 12, 2017

so much good


At J's preschool, they sing a hilarious Thanksgiving song about how the turkey should run and hide and we'll all just order pizza.  So when my sis spotted this shirt, it had to be procured. 


Lefse making being learned by the newest generation! In my opinion, there's really no need for any other dish. Maybe some gravy for dipping and some dill pickles, but lefse is the true reason for November.


My personal pickle side. 



We feasted well today. 


Bobby sock dancing in the family room. 


Time for pie! 



Elegant table, delish foods, much laughter/chatter/stories, and a walk around the lake made for a perfect early Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to celebrate elegantly and with fun - Thanksgiving early and this month's b/d's. I remember lefse making at our Sunnyside home when you were there one past year. It's not on my "lipid/liver" diet, but it should be. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table! I'm not sure if I should feel chagrined or amused that I'm to the stage of contemplating wrapping the lower tables in craft paper and putting out crayons... the nephews and the Bookniece are 10, 8, and 4 this year, which means MadLibs and a scavenger hike between dinner and dessert. It's a little sad because lately I'm too exhausted to put the fancy out even for myself. Oh, well - someone has to do it once a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did that last Christmas~very fun & easy!

      Delete