Thursday, June 14, 2018

if there is no field trip...

District Taco is the closest thing to real Mexican food around here
create your own!


A little nosh prior to getting my hairs cut at the Aveda School~am so lucky that the school is across from my favorite art gallery around here. Nice to pop in and see the new exhibits and say hello to old favs. 


The newest exhibit is Blackout: Silhouettes Then & Now~featuring the history of art of silhouttes~basically for those who could not afford a photograph. 


I was fascinated with Jumi Yamashita's" light sculptures. 


How she creates faces out of wrinkles on the paper is intriguing. 


Difficult to see from this pic, but the only object on the wall was some plastic piping.


Random large shiny orb~tried to see my future in it, but nope.


I need to visit with someone to film as this is an interactive graphic~the bloom of colour on the right is the aftermath of me dancing across the room. This is an entire wall of swirling colours. 

Very fun afternoon~a great way to celebrate grading all mid-terms and getting a hair cut.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love going to the Exploratorium in SF because I often had these same sort of art/tech intersectional moments where I was just delighted that I had had some impact on a piece of art. This is all delightful.

    Funny thing D. said to me -- about me not being sure that there was a place for pleasure in my life. I'm always amused at you and your little treats and bonbons and profiteroles - and realize that I only eat those on ...vacation.

    Wait, WHY!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vine is fragile~eat the bloody treats, buy the cute lip gloss, wear the red polish!!

    https://jamarattigan.com/2018/06/15/relax-with-ellen-bass/

    ReplyDelete