Sunday, June 24, 2018

yes, another day of flanuesing.



One of the more unique flowers in the Castle Gardens this visit. 


Loved the unexpectedness of purple leaves on the hanging baskets this month.


Humid enough that yesterday's rain is still lurking on surfaces. 


Something to do with "the sky is the limit". 
 

Had a quick nosh while sitting by this waterfall pounding into glass~it was too humid for food truck explorations.
 

I LOVE this tunnel between the Classic and the Modern wings of the National Gallery.


Stay tuned for my art project from this~it's going to be a great one as I schlepped two large pieces of paper around all day. Blessings on the docent who dug up two rubber bands and helped me roll them up.


Some Rothko for the Dance Lady from Moreau. 


Of course I went back to marvel at the very large and startling blue rooster.


More whimsy by Calder. 



The enormous atrium.


A pretty painting of summer boats. Speaking of which, I really need to make friends with someone who boats.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for more Blue Rooster! It's so very weird! It's weirder still, since my grandmother collected 1001 roosters in her house and ... yeah. I've been wondering what hold they have for some people ever since. The blue one just makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's ginormous!! That's what kills me. All these grey buildings and bam! Something Grecian blue.

      Speaking of which~did you get your post card of it?

      Delete