Monday, June 4, 2018

sing along...."it's a small world after all..."


The new sesh kicked off today and we added new flags to our bulletin board~I now have students from Italy, Dominican Republic, and Vietnam to add to the roster of KSA, Mongolia, and Brazil. 


Marco~from Naples~is a hoot and a half. He's an art history professor and a professional dancer with the Napoli Theatro. He came to class with bright red shoes and matching bow tie. 


Yeri is from the Dominican and is an au pair for a French family who moved here. So, our language is rather hilarious by the end of the day~becoming a mish-mash of English/Spanish/Italian/French. It's nice for me to have a few students with whom I can share vocab~I am of no use to those who speak Vietnamese, Arabic, or Kazakh.

And? After TEN inches of bloody rains, we're seeing a hint of sunshine today.

3 comments:

  1. We got some SERIOUS rain - I should post the little video we took of it but Wordpress doesn't play them in browser anymore, and I have to upload to Youtube and that's a pain I haven't got time to figure out just now. But -- gully washer doesn't even describe it!! And it comes down so fast! And then... it's clear again. So weird!

    Time here is coming to a close... which is actually kind of good, because I am craving pinto beans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite ALL the fabulous foods of Europe, I always crave corn tortillas and pinto beans.

      Delete
    2. Despite ALL the fabulous foods of Europe, I always crave corn tortillas and pinto beans.

      Delete