Wednesday, June 20, 2018

some daily joys


Fiercely focused on the minute blessings that were in my day~the first one was getting the parking space I prefer at work. It truly is the small things!


During the staff meeting, found that not only is my regular schedule full for July~I am getting to design and teach an elective. And tutor. And sub for the music school. After many months of no work, I am still deeply grateful for earning power. (And as if you even have to ask, my elective is going to be all about food!!!)


Came home and husked corn for a fresh plate of deliciousness.


And now that the day is wrapping up with another dramatic (thunder and political) storm, I am tucked in with a good book and some organic lavender lotion.  Ready for the kickoff to summer!

3 comments:

  1. I'm also bathing in lavender - Mrs. Meyers has started carrying lotions, and her Clean Day Lavender smells just like the dryer sheets. Which is weird, now that I think about it.

    We had our first corn of the summer last night (I REFUSED to have corn in May in the Netherlands; CORN GOES WITH JUNE) and I wanted to make elotes but wasn't quite sure what we had around would work -- but goat cheese works JUST as well as cotija Mexican cheese. We just boiled and slathered, but it's about time to dig the grill pan out of the garage for the season. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprised you couldn't find cotija. But I made it with feta a couple of weeks ago because it was what I had and it was delicious.

      Summmmmmmertime! Now, I need to find a swimming hole.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete