Monday, June 25, 2018

some days just need blue suede shoes



Kinda liking this quote. My meaning today was in my students, these lovely new shoes, Gershwin, and fireflies. Oh, and some fresh asparagus roasted with garlic.


These shoes need an outing soon!


I just LOVE how my class completely spirals into animated and unusual topics. Today, I am proud to say that two my students made their FIRST phone calls in English! (I had them call the front office [who was prepped for it], so it wasn't completely terrifying~but I made them do the entire process.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lord. I can just imagine having to make a call in another language... a woman asked me if I could switch to Spanish the other day, and while I could have, just having her ask made EVERY SINGLE SPANISH WORD I KNOW flee my head in haste. It was awful.

    Practice is definitely key...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also: are those sandals suede? TOO cute.

      Delete
    2. Yes, and we made a list of possible phrases~the most important one "I don't understand. Please repeat. Slowly."

      And yes!!!!!!!!!! Blue velvet!!!

      Delete
    3. I live vicariously through your cute shoes, since all of mine are orthopedic now.

      I'm lying, actually - I can wear cute shoes, but the only heels are platforms - absolutely flat platforms, because my joints can't take much more. So, they're cute, but not ...classy or elegant.

      Delete