Sunday, June 2, 2013

retrospect

Hard to fathom that it was a year ago that I rolled into Cali with my little Honda/U-Haul, with the white-knuckled drive through the Shasta curves behind me.   June 2012 was a month of respite, staying with the parentals and catching up with old friends.


And I had to laugh when I dashed home for lunch today and this is pretty much what my fridge looks like.  Have no idea why; I love going to the market and cooking is both delight and therapy & I very rarely have take-away food cartons.  Perhaps it's just the continuous loop of shopping which I haven't mastered yet.  (I notice this full fridge phenomena at my aunts/uncles homes as well.)

What's in your fridge?

4 comments:

  1. Having a twenty-three year old who lives with you and routinely eats your take-out leftovers which you had set aside JUST for a special moment -- well. She never puts anything on the grocery list, either, so says, "No, whatever you get is fine," and then says, "Why aren't there any Cheeze-its? Are there any chocolate chip cookies?" (NO, on both accounts: in this house we make our own.) I do make sure she has some variation on Stripples at all times, or there are meltdowns. She's a Morningstar Girl, seriously. She also think our coffee is too strong. It is quel amusant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, that's a bad bad thing. To eat someone's tasty take-away cartons~shame. Perhaps she could do midnight runs to the market? Not crowded and it would give her something to do when the seniors go to bed at sun down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say fridge is pretty full thanks to a recent TJ's run! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hush; we're still waiting for our Trader's to appear.

      Delete