Friday, June 28, 2013

the dinner special


I lied.  I did take a shot of my food from last night.  It was DELISH as one of the Ya-Ya's (reference from  The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood movie) would say.  Have been driving past Aster's for a solid year now and this was my first foray into the place. 


Teensy turquoise shack-like appearing building~complete with lattice for windows and astro-turf for ground covering, serving one of the best meals that I've eaten.  What a happy discovery.

It was also nice to spend more time with friends of friends~while it's a global world, I'm finding it to be interwoven and connected in unexpected ways.

And it is with a bit of relief that I say good-bye to this week of double shifts at the theatre intensives.  It's been good for me, for professional net-working and my bank account, but my soul is ready for a bit of summer break.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was a delicious as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spicy and tangy and a nice array of variety.

      Delete
  2. Hah. You're right - Ethiopian food really isn't that photogenic. I guess most of those are things you dip with tiny pieces of bread?

    Interestingly, the color/decor of this place looks a lot like the tiny Ethiopian place in Berkeley! I wonder if there's a reason for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tiny pieces, you rip off a healthy portion and dig in with your fingers. Perhaps that is part of the appeal of this cuisine? Dunno, but this is my third time at an Ethiopian/Etrurian restaurant and I'm hooked.

      Have no clue about the turquoise.

      Delete