Sunday, June 30, 2013

one year anniversary


I've now been in Texas for an entire year~and what an adventure it has been!  Maybe it hasn't been much different from any other year of life, but there's something about changing everything in the outward life that alters one's perspective~both inner/outer.  When everything is new, perhaps it it more memorable.  There's a slight chance that I write a more lengthy and coherent piece later this week.

I am now about hour five into my summer vacation and the temperature is still sweltering, so it's an evening for languid thoughts and light reading.  I did splurge on this gorgeous soap from World Market this afternoon to celebrate both marking the first year and the beginning of a break.



'We do not remember days, we remember moments.'  
~Cesare Pavese

2 comments:

  1. I bet your soap smells lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious! The first time I've tried this brand and I'm impressed that it still smells after several uses~so many bars lose their scent quickly.

      Delete