Tuesday, June 18, 2013

serenity


 As I object to awful fluorescent lighting in my home, I got some under the counter lights from Home Depot and am rather pleased with the cosiness of the kitchen now.


Also solved the limited cupboard space by channeling my inner New Yorker and lining the tops of the cupboards with Grandma's dishes.  (Yes, poor little Bogart lost his napping spot.)  Also solved the view of the laundry room/cat box (the door couldn't be shut with the cat box and the dryer door) by hanging some curtains that I had stored for the past couple of years.


 One bookshelf unpacked.


 A few photos up.


 That's my apartment on the top--notice the jasmine already draping over the railings.  Those bright green oak leaves are the view from my bedroom.  Am just loving the tranquility of this setting.



Another day, another trail.  With I could capture shots of some of the lizards that I'm startling as I hurtle through the woods.  There is a bright green species that puffs up it's neck in indignation whenever I get too close.  This display of belligerence makes me laugh.


Stunning blossom by the pool today.



Yes, I poked around the roots because it is so perfect that it appears fake.

5 comments:

  1. They're relatives of hibiscus, whatever those yellow flowers are... hibiscus always looks slightly surreal.

    The place is really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers were closed up this morning, so I know they're real!

      Delete
    2. It's a New Yorker thing to put dishes atop cabinets? My mother has been a New Yorker for most of her life, then.

      Delete
  2. I agree - you found a great place, and you're creating a homey interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As always, I need some more bookshelves.

      Delete