Sunday, June 9, 2013

lavender's blue


After a dramatic morning thunderstorm, was happy to see the skies clearing as I wanted to explore the hill country and attend Blanco's Lavender Festival.


The drive was gorgeous~huge puffed clouds and rolling hills and gigantic oak trees~there are so many times when I feel as though I'm in the Willamette Valley.


 Although, blooming cacti are not a frequent sight around Portland!


Amusing sign at the lavender farm asking people to NOT complain about the bees; they suggested that if you're highly allergic to bee stings, perhaps you ought to stay in your car.


The air was perfect for this visit--damp from the storm and warm.  SUCH an amazing fragrance; now I really want to head to Provence. 


Stopped on the way home to get some sun-warm peaches.


Trying to encourage my drooping lavender to bloom so that I may dry it to hang in my new closet.  Meeting with a realtor tomorrow morning; finger's crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding a new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to sign final papers tomorrow; finger's crossed that this one actually works out!

      Delete