Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'll Make a Man Out of You


While it was an interesting week which polished some new skills for me, I am deeply glad to be done with the score of Mulan.  The songs were not that interesting the first rehearsal and after 20 solid hours of the same three songs, I'm ready for some new repertoire!

This is the Kelberg Stage where we did our performances yesterday.  Had a good cardio workout during the second showing when I realized that I was MISSING a page from the score~yes, the page with the wonky rhythms and unintuitive key changes.  And to add to the excitement, the singers decided to gallop through the tempo.

Good times.


The entrance doors to the photos of the big blue theatre I keep posting.  It was locked up, or I would have given myself a tour of the facility.  Maybe I'll volunteer to usher there so that I can see inside this next season.



Incredibly happy flowers flourishing in the sunny heat of this week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still humming, Mysterious as the dark side of the moooooon...

    Ah, well. It's done. You were a man about it. ☺
    Here's hoping the next outing there will be a bit more organized!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, despite listening and singing all kinds of other songs, this one is lodged in the brain.

      And yes! Let's hope next time I won't be calling a friend to FAX me the music 2 minutes before class. I tell ya, I need to run the organization of this place.

      Delete