Friday, June 7, 2013

summmmmmmmmerrtimmmmmmmmmME


And in the final gasp of idiotic happenings at work (we are all moving classrooms due to a new building and in addition to all the usual end-of-year nonsense, we also had to pack our entire room), they FORGOT to schedule my room to be moved.  

What.  Ever.  I packed.  I labelled all shelves, pianos, cabinets and filing drawers and they are on their own.  My keys were turned in and I am d.o.n.e.  


Did an entire loop around Zilker Park/Town Lake to celebrate.  Love how serene this trail can be; hard to believe that I'm just a couple blocks away from downtown.   Had just put my phone away when a huge heron went flapping past me. 


Saw one of these gorgeous butterflies, but it wouldn't hold still enough for me to snap it's portrait, so had to look it up when I got home.  Love Google Images!


Happy flowers in the warmth of the day.


And while it's true that I am working much of the summer--none of those days will require an alarm clock and that makes my heart very happy.


 After that long walk, treated myself to an unusual soda flavor to use up my ice cream.


Here's to a lovely summer with lazy afternoons, outdoors adventures of music and dining and hiking and swimming.  Ahhhhh,  the hideous florescent pallor is already beginning to fade.

3 comments:

  1. Huh. Was going to ask you how exactly one made a strawberry-rhubarb float. Sounds interesting.

    Break a leg next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out all the vintage and fun sodas at World Market!!

      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. your room looks neatly packed. Happy apt. hunting. I know how frustrating it can be.

    ReplyDelete