Friday, August 12, 2016

hearth/home

They say Virginia is for lovers~let's hope that is true.



The final stretch of road~after about 1700 miles, Bogart and I arrived at our new digs and moved in.  Easiest move ever.  I picked up my key and walked in.  Everything is connected and running.  The area is gorgeous~reminds me so much of the Willamette Valley.



The bottom floor of this is my new flat!


For the first time in my adult life, I have a front porch y'all!!!  Cannot wait to get some nice chairs in which to sit and and enjoy my morning coffee. 

The view entering from the dorm. 
The view entering from the porch.

Someone is rather happy to be out of the car/crate.

HALLELUJAH.  OHSWEETJAYSUZIHAZAWASHERINMYHOME.
Very empty guest room/office

With the luxury of SIX closets, I am not going to know where my stuff is.

Setting up camp on a dorm mattress

The crooked shelving has been dispensed with already. 
Quiet cemetery view to make up for the 24 girls living on the other side of the wall.

Gorgeous view of the Rappahannock River from most of campus

The bottom three windows are mine~guest room, kitchen, living room~in that order.

One of the other dorms

The back side of campus~oh, how I suffer.

Rappahannock River (and could they have been a touch more creative with the town name?)

My new street (I'll be getting a POB and will share that privately later.)


The Courthouse
St. John Episcopal~while we do have a campus chapel, we'll do the high days here.


Tomorrow brings eight hours of training for health/first aid for people who work at a boarding school, so there probably won't be much to share.  Bogart is happily perched upon my pillow and I've unpacked everything that was in the car.  Grateful to be at the cusp of this transition.  Grateful to be holding still for awhile.

7 comments:

  1. Sure looks good to me, Laurie! What town/state are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You can just click on the link on Wednesday's blog & it will tell you all about it!

      Delete
  3. Since "Virginia is for lovers" is the same state in which Loving vs. the State of Virginia was a landmark case, I'd say... er, no, but it's a nice thought, and I'm sure they'll try harder with you! Happy new place - looks like the floors are lovely and the PORCH is cozy and gorgeous. Imagine many cups of cocoa when you get a glider out there. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes~I'll focus on what's in my control. The floors are gorgeous in the afternoon sun~it's a truly cosy space~even as I rattle around.

      Delete
    2. Yes~I'll focus on what's in my control. The floors are gorgeous in the afternoon sun~it's a truly cosy space~even as I rattle around.

      Delete