Saturday, August 20, 2016

another vignette


Looking out of the corner window of my classroom~looking forward to being mostly done with meetings next week and getting to spend time there. 


And as my habit when moving, got my library card~I don't remember the last time that I had a signed library card nor when my books were hand-stamped during check-out.  Even the schools I've been at have all been automated for the last decade or so.


As last night I met all the student leaders (class prez, RA's, etc) and today I met my international/mentee group, I am thrilled that tomorrow I don't have to see anyone or talk about myself~I don't know how/why politicians do it.  It's only been a week and I'm tired of telling people all about me and my life.   Ready to begin the academic year and talk about ideas and my discipline!

4 comments:

  1. Keep the pictures coming! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much taken photos of everything already.

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Had nearly 500 people popping up to see the new pastors at church this week, so am FULLY with you on being sick of smiling and making small talk. I bailed as soon as I could get out of the sanctuary, which took literally twenty minutes, as everyone wanted to introduce themselves. I walked by and said to the senior pastor, "Take your jacket off - it's too hot for this mess, and no one with any sense cares." He said, "Not my first day, though!"

    I have some hope for him, but not much. ☺☺
    Here's to a day of blessed silence.

    ReplyDelete