Thursday, November 21, 2013

butter, buttah, BUTTER


One of my earliest memories is sneaking into the fridge and snacking on pure butter~all that creamy salty goodness!  And while I'm sure something about me could be healthier if I were vegan, I will never give up the glory of butter~browned or baked, it is one of the best scents and flavours around.  


Yesterday was nicely bracketed with divine pastries~a chocolate/almond croissant from the French bakery up the street and some homemade baklava at my birthday dinner.

And gratitudes 2-4?
  • The stem cell fight for a former teacher and life-long family friend is going well today.
  • Going back to the wonderful music venue of Strangebrew with a friend~it is one of the few places where the audience is expected to be quiet.  And therefore, the musicians aren't amped to the ear-bleed level.  Nice to actually hear the music/lyrics~haven't really found that outside the classical realm.
  • More birthday gifts and love is pouring in.
  • Lefse season is approaching quickly!!!!

A fun basket of nibbley noshes for those long studio hours.

4 comments:

  1. I remember you eating a tub of butter and then smearing the rest around the kitchen. You were pretty small at the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bizarre how I have such a clear memory of this incident. And how delicious the butter was!!

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I really hated butter for a long time. I never have done well with fats, and D. says I'm "Naturally Nuts and Twigs." Shortbread is an acquired taste for me, and I had to get used to D. putting butter on things like banana bread. To me, the bread was the point, not the butter!! But, you Northern folk, you really like your butter, so the nuts, twigs and I will learn to get along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have that bent~if I could exist on butter, cream and cheese alone, I would.

    ReplyDelete