Wednesday, September 20, 2017

alchemy


Still humid and icky, but the leaves are getting SO pretty. 


I was allowed in the kitchen today~cooking is such a meditative and joyful activity for me.  (and yes, I realize that I'm not cranking out three squares a day for picky and/or ungrateful eaters.) There is just a simple and visceral satisfaction in taking raw ingredients and creating something yummy.


Enjoy the alchemy of slicing/dicing/browning/broiling and presenting a meal to share.  Stirring polenta for a good fifty minutes was a very calming way to spend the afternoon.


'Shrooms & polenta.  

Two potential interviews lined up~say a prayer, light a candle, release a balloon.  Something has got to give very soon.

4 comments:

  1. No need for the reflexive defense -- you said cooking is a relaxing thing for YOU. You need say no more than that; this blog is about YOU and YOUR joys on the journey. Those of us cranking out three squares will politely keep our comments behind our teeth, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do say a prayer for you. Good luck on the interviews!

    ReplyDelete