Tuesday, September 12, 2017

thanks/full


Think I've mentioned before about one of my college roommates getting me started on evening gratitudes.  As we were falling asleep, we would tell each other five things for which we were grateful on that particular day.

I don't remember when that morphed into writing it down, but it's something I've done for decades. Some days the page fills easier than others. The past few weeks have been tough~but that's when it matters most, no?


Today's thanks come easily~my car is patched up (for now) and I received an exuberant welcome at my cousins' home. I also appreciate all the e-thoughts/emails/texts/prayers/candles. With over 200 jobs applied for, something has GOT to turn up.  

4 comments:

  1. I, too, write out gratitudes from time to time- not as often as I did or should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could write them on the back of your daily calendar pages.

      Delete
  2. It's a habit worth keeping - it's something my mother made us do at Friday night worship sometimes, but more often than not, it's relegated to Thanksgiving. I usually remind myself of blessings, but they're worth saying out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them written~good practice & then I also have a book of blessings.

    ReplyDelete