Saturday, September 9, 2017

"Run not in the Streets,

neither go too slowly nor with Mouth open" is just one of the gems from this little guide.


View of Christ Church from the west
 In the continuing theme of finding fun/inexpensive things to do to counteract the job hunt/car maintenance drek, I took myself to another George Washington monument yesterday.


I know very little of the Masons, outside of popular schlocky movies, and a bit about the Shriner's charities, so it was an illuminating (see what I did there?) outing.


I've driven by this large tower quite a few times~it's easy to see from the Capitol Beltway and now I can say that I've been to the tippy top.




The Chapel of the Knights Templar~if you squint, you'll see a sword that was carried in one of the Crusades.


Just a beautiful shell-like stairwell. 



The teensy trowel in the middle of this display was used at the placing on the cornerstone for the Capitol and the Supreme Court buildings.


 V. proud that I actually stuck my hand over the railing to take this photo~not a fan of heights.  I shall leave you with another enlightening tidbit from Washington's Rules:

"Shift not yourself in the Sight of others nor Gnaw your nails" and this gem:  "Cleanse not your teeth with the table cloth, napkin, fork, or knife; but if others do it, let it be done without a peep to them."


2 comments:

  1. Should I see someone wiping their teeth with a napkin, you may be assured I shall utter no peep, but simply MOVE AWAY from the table rather rapidly. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like any warning sign I've seen~you KNOW someone has done it, or there wouldn't be a warning. Like the label on my car's sun shade to "not operate the car while in place."

      Delete