Sunday, November 25, 2018

come, take a walk

 To celebrate a break in the frigid rains and the waning hours of holiday, went to a local botanical garden~gorgeous! I'm considering getting a season pass AND of course, I want to go back at night for their Christmas walk.



A Korean bell garden.



A red oak from Thoreau's woods.



It's not a Virginia park without a log cabin of some sorts. 






Of course my Prince reads! 


A Tea Garden to which I'll bring the Littles in the spring. 






A sign in the Fairy Garden.


It's lovely to be home during the day~and speaking of homes, finger's crossed~I may have just found my new one. And this one comes with a two-year lease~I am done with the moving nonsense.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many lovely botanical escapes during the winter of which we should take advantage. There's a single gauge train around here that goes through the Sunol valley, and it's covered with Christmas lights this time of year. It's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo~that sounds amazing!

      I thought the garden was lovely yesterday~of course I want to see it in the spring with butterflies and blooms, but there's a beauty in the starkness of winter as well.

      Delete