Thursday, November 29, 2018

perspective


Waking too early at least allows one to see a bit of daylight and a stellar sunrise.


Been thinking about perspective and especially self-perception the past few weeks. A couple of weeks ago when I was having a wretched hair/skin day, a student stopped at the front desk and gave me an entire paragraph of compliments. (and her English is very basic, so it was quite something!) Today~again with the less than stellar hair/skin (although the outfit was borderline cute), someone from the office across the hall popped her head in to say how much she loves looking at my hair every day to see the beautiful style I choose.


Their words are like the little twinkles of neighborhood lights that I see driving home. Perhaps teeny, but providing such a burst of cheer.

And, that of course, makes me wonder if I'm spreading enough sparkles at present.

2 comments:

  1. Laurie - you obviously brought cheer to the people who complimented you! It's ways most natural to us - ways we don't even notice - that we impact others in our little world.

    ReplyDelete