Tuesday, November 20, 2018

afterglow

Even though I was joined by what seemed to be ALL of the Carolinas on the trip back north, I am still savoring my beach jaunt.


I managed to catch one of the displays lit up as a park ranger fiddled with the wiring.


My yummy dinner~gift card redeemed.


Since it rained most of Monday, am glad that I brought a painting project. Had the balcony door wide open to hear the surf and daubed away the afternoon. 


One more walk with the bottlenose dolphins and the finding of a perfect shell!! Don't think I've ever seen a completely black one.


Always a little melancholy to walk away from the beach~but! There is lefse to be made in just a few hours. And tomorrow is only exams, no teaching. (oh, did I mention that I'm still teaching one ESL section? I am through the end of the year. Makes me happy as I enjoy being in the classroom. While my new position is busy and fun, I am SO not the kind of person who can sit still at a desk for eight hours. I manage maybe 20 minutes if I'm doing computer work.)

Laundry to do, lunch to prep, suitcase to unpack~vacay ends so quickly.


4 comments:

  1. That shell is really pretty! And so rare to find one that big unbroken!
    I missed our beach trip this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous??! It is rare to find them whole. Trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Magnet? Jewelry? Xmas decoration?

      Delete
  2. Lefse making starts here soon, too. Someone at church asked me is I knew what Klub was! She also makes lefse.
    Fun day at the beach. I like your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the beach is always good~no matter the weather.

      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete