Sunday, January 13, 2019

cosier


As I just tutored a lesson on superlatives, thought it was perfect to go from cosy to cosier. The snow began as dust yesterday afternoon (thankfully it held off enough for me to hang out a bit with my Littles), but now it means business.


While I am technically grateful that my new community is HYPER-vigilant about snow-removal; living by the entrance gate is really annoying after FIVE hours of trucks backing up/beeping. 


I pulled on my boots (only to have the zipper break...realized that they are six or more years old, so perhaps time for some new ones as I actually live in the land of snows), and started hiking out for some quiet and exploration of my new 'hood.




Enchanted forest.







I love how even everyday objects take on whimsy.



When you can't read the map, make up your own! Pretty sure there's a life metaphor in there. 


A little bit of Christmas outdoors as I take down my tree.


As I type, school is officially closed for tomorrow. Grateful that I brought home all my passwords/logins so it's still a paid work day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're already moved. Been awhile since you lived in a white fairyland - and that the gov't shutdown isn't affecting you (yet). Have noticed mail delivery to be slower. Finding joy in small things. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we didn't get much snow last year. We're supposed to get a bunch more this coming weekend. Grateful that I live across the street from a 24-hour market!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures!
    Smart, to go out and get away from the machines and take it all in. Smarter still to have prepared to work from home. How nice to have all you need.

    ReplyDelete