Sunday, January 20, 2019

that polar vortex


is real. Oy. It is just painfully cold. My landlady came over and fixed the pilot light in the fireplace. But, I think it's leaking, (and the fire sets off the smoke alarm; which freaks me out because I don't want it to trigger the complex's alarms/sprinklers), so shut the gas valve off. Sigh. It was so pretty and warm for seven minutes.


Finally found a plant that's unique enough to suit the pot.


Took a bag to drop off at GW and, of course, had to browse a bit. I scored with these gorgeous powder blue plates. And it seems the entire region has gone all Maria Kondo (or KonMari) on their households because the drop-off zone was HEAPED with pallets of donations). I find it amusing as her books were published well over five years ago, but it took a Netflix episode to make a craze begin.


Not a great photo, but my first piece of Vera Wang clothing~a cosy draped neck sweater.


Also scored some little vials at GW for my collection (all two of them!) of sands.


Sands from Playa Negra in Costa Rica and some from Lincoln City.


2 comments:

  1. ☺ I think the sweater pic might have worked better ON you...?
    The sand collection is fun! And am disappointed on your behalf about the fireplace. After cloudbursts and nonsense last night, we have a forecast of dry/increasing cold for the next several days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. No. Not only was it Slob-Out Sunday, we had massive hat hair from jamming on a wool cap over wet hair to dash to the market.

      Delete