Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dearie


Was fortunate enough to rather randomly attend another author event at BookPeople; this time it was Bob Spitz talking about Ms. Child.  He was interviewed by a local food writer and it felt as though I were in an NPR studio.  Inspiring conversation about an amazing woman who--it's not wild to say--completely changed America and our relationship to food and cooking.

And now I need snackage.


And a hearty round of applause as I just landed a studio job with this school, beginning in June.

6 comments:

  1. I think it'd be fairly awesome to be anywhere NPR was doing something, but sadly I don't think they often have a studio audience. However, "conversation" types of interviews are always neat.

    The little signage for the music studio look very professional. F. McFlea, Design Diva, would approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read more of the author's bio; had no idea he had an extensive musical background.

      And colour me relieved that McFlea would approve of the design. I can sail ahead with confidence.

      Delete
  2. Now I want to watch Julie & Julia and eat and eat and eat!! Congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I got more butter at the store last night in her honor!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new job. Tell us more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaching private voice/piano/flute students. Eventually they want me to start a choir.

      Delete